Representative - Birks Gold Exchange
Birks. Pure Delight
As a Representive, Gold Exchange you will get to embody our belief in the promise of a brighter tomorrow through each interaction.
Birks is looking for Representatives, for its Gold Exchange Program in the following regions:
This is a part-time temporary, freelance position. The incumbent will be working event based and will be required to travel between stores.
Rest assured that we are respecting recommendations set out by our Federal and Provincial governments regarding social distancing. Any interviews with potential candidates will conducted over the phone as well as by video teleconference.
“Stay Safe, Everything is Going to be Okay”
Are you our hidden gem?
The Representative, Gold Exchange makes the client’s needs his /her first priority. He /she strives to maintain client relationships, provides exceptional client service and continuously represents Birks in the highest regard. The incumbent is knowledgeable about Company policies and guidelines for purchasing gold, conducts accurate gold testing and provides concise information to clients regarding cost, and return policies.
To do so, the Representative, Gold Exchange will be expected to…
- Welcome all customers
- Evaluate Gold/Platinum metal items that customers bring in, excluding gold coins and bullion.
- Conduct material tests using a variety of methods to determine the items’ gold/platinum content and veracity (Karat weigh)
- Weigh these items on a calibrated scale certified by Measurement Canada.
- Present a cash offer after evaluating the Gold/platinum item.
- Potentially negotiate with customers to arrive at a mutually agreeable price.
- Ask for the Government issued ID
- Maintain detailed transaction records, which help with day-to-day inventory management and provide insights on customer value and trends.
- When needed, provides records to police who are investigating stolen items that customers may have sold to local gold buyers or pawnshops.
- Manage day-to-day cash flow activities by ensuring that they have sufficient cash on hand to complete customer transactions and maintaining records of sales and purchases.
- Prepare the deposit of the left over float
- Prepare to Gold buying package for a shipment to head Office.
- Dress appropriately, in a professional and well-groomed manner
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times and always conducts business with integrity
- Comply with all Company’s guidelines, policies and procedures as outlined in the Store Operations manual
- Offer assistance to and builds effective working relationships with team members
Our ideal candidate has…
- 3-5 years’ experience in the retail industry
- Previous experience in the Jewellery Industry (asset)
- Exceptional customer service
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Able to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Computer literate (MS Office)
- English (spoken/written)
- Detail Oriented, reliable and trustworthy
Our promise of delight
In return for your commitment to excellence, we offer…
- Competitive earnings
- Innovative and unique training programs
Come join us at Birks, and let your true self shine!
Are you the gem we are looking for?