Established since 1879, Birks is a luxury jewellery store whose reputation is built on quality, exclusivity, unique design and excellence in service. We pride ourselves in offering meaningful experiences and in building intimate relationships with each and every one of our clients.
As a Senior Analyst, Tax & Accounting for our Birks Corporate Office, located in Downtown Montreal, you will get to embody our belief in the promise of a brighter tomorrow through each interaction. As such, you will get to work in a highly motivated team that values excellence, hard work and team work.
This is a full time temporary position for a 1 year Maternity leave Replacement
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Senior Analyst, Tax & Accounting is responsible for account reconciliations/analysis and the Canadian & U.S. sales tax compliance. The Accounting Analyst provides support to the Financial Controller for the preparation of various reports, accounting analysis and support and/or the preparation of income tax returns and tax reporting according to the U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
To do so, the Senior Analyst, Tax & Accounting will be expected to…
- Assists the Accounting team in the monthly and year end closing processes and all related tasks
- Assists the Financial Controller in preparation of external financial statements in compliance with U.S. GAAP
- Supports the Accounting team in reviewing financial information in order to determine the appropriate tax treatment
- Works/assists on Canadian and U.S. tax compliance files
- Assists the auditors for all Canadian tax related questions, and provides support to the Director as liaison for sales tax authorities for our stores (Canada and United States)
- Reviews assessment notices and responds accordingly to applicable governments
- Prepares various tax forms
- Assists/Prepares notes to financial statements
- Assists the Financial Controller in preparation of 20-F’s, Mid-Year and Quarter Financial results filed on form 6-K’s and press release filings
- Any other related tasks regarding accounting, Sales tax, and taxation
Our ideal candidate has…
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 5 to 7 years experience in the field
- Experience in Corporate tax, an asset
- Experience in sales tax, an asset
- Solid knowledge in computer: MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook,
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude and team work
- Knowledge of taxation softwares is an asset
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Bilingual: French and English (spoken and written)
In return for your commitment to excellence, we offer…
- Competitive earnings
- Wellness program
- Award and recognition programs
- Innovative and unique training programs
At Birks, you will find a management team that truly cares about your professional growth. You will be empowered to be yourself, in order to offer excellent customer service and to create an experience that will build long-lasting client relationships.
Come join us at Birks, and let your true self shine!
Are you the gem we are looking for?