Translator & Specialist, Internal Communications
Birks. Pure Delight
Established since 1879, Birks is a luxury jewellery store whose reputation is built on quality, exclusivity, unique design and excellence in service. We pride ourselves in offering meaningful experiences and in building intimate relationships with each and every one of our clients.
As a Translator & Specialist, Internal Communications in our Montreal Corporate Office located in Downtown Montreal, you will get to embody our belief in the promise of a brighter tomorrow through each interaction. As such, you will get to work in a highly motivated team that values excellence, hard work and team work.
Are you our hidden gem?
Under the general supervision of the Director, Human Resources, the role of the Translator & Specialist, Internal Communications is to support the organization in high quality and consistently professional in various translations (French to English and English to French) for Birks and Brinkhaus.
To do so, the Translator & Specialist, Internal Communications will be expected to…
- Translates corporate documents into English and French
- Translates a variety of written material such as corporate communications, company documents, forms, reports, letters, policies, manuals and procedures from one language to another, maintaining the content, context and style of the original material to the greatest extent possible.
- Writes, co-coordinates and edits information from various departments for the internal memos and the corporate newsletter
- When required, coordinates any large scale translations with an outside firm and is responsible to ensure the consistency of translations
- Ensures consistency and professionalism in all internal communication documents/memos originating from the HR department
- Works in partnership with other departments to ensure that any internal communication meets the corporate standards
Our ideal candidate has…
- Bachelor’s degree in Translation or any other relevant field from an accredited college/ university.
- 3 to 5 years’ of experience in a translator role;
- Minimum of 3 years of proven, high quality (written and oral) communication skills in both English and French;
- Experience in a luxury retail environment is an asset.
- Strong translation skills (English to French and French to English);
- Excellent proofreading and copy editing skills;
- Excellent planning, organizational and project management skills to ensure that work is completed in a timely, efficient and effective manner with minimal supervision;
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work autonomously and as a part of a team;
- High degree of creativity, flexibility, energy and enthusiasm;
- A self-starter comfortable in a fast-paced environment and adaptable to a changing environment;
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Strong attention to detail and to quality;
- Client service focused;
- Solid knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Knowledge of SDL program (strong asset)
- Must be adept at producing high quality communications for a variety of levels of internal audiences and occasionally external audiences
- Knowledge of best practices in the communication field
- Solid writing and influencing skills
- Bilingual: French and English (spoken/written)
Our promise of delight
In return for your commitment to excellence, we offer…
At Birks, you will find a management team that truly cares about your professional growth. You will be empowered to be yourself, in order to offer excellent customer service and to create an experience that will build long-lasting client relationships.
Come join us at Birks, and let your true self shine!
Are you the gem we are looking for?