Established since 1879, Birks is a luxury jewellery store whose reputation is built on quality, exclusivity, unique design and excellence in service. We pride ourselves in offering meaningful experiences and in building intimate relationships with each and every one of our clients.
As a Project Manager 3rd Party Brands for our Birks Corporate Office, located in Downtown Montreal, you will get to embody our belief in the promise of a brighter tomorrow through each interaction. As such, you will get to work in a highly motivated team that values excellence, hard work and team worK.
Under the general supervision of the Senior Director, Timepiece and Jewellery Brands, the Project Manager assists with the success of each timepiece or jewellery brand in the company’s portfolio. The Project Manager will support projects that aim to increase the value and performance of each brand while maintaining the brand’s image and positioning in the market place. He/she will contribute in the development and execution of the 3rd Party Brands strategy, will manage relationships with the brand partners and will coordinate with internal departments.
To do so, the Project Manager will be expected to…
- Manages relationships with the brand partners to liaise each respective brand with the internal functional departments, as well as to support the overall partnership.
- Ongoing contact with key internal departments such as finance, marketing, sales and procurement to ensure a strategic overview of the business and future market opportunities.
- Assists in coordinating and also participates in brand meetings with the respective Director.
- Supports in defining the product mix per brand, discontinuing non-productive styles, identifying redundancies in the assortment and identifying gaps within the assortment.
- Assists in the selection of novelties to include in each brand’s product assortment based on fashion trends, market trends and competition.
- Responsible for the maintenance of each brand’s retail pricing and life cycle status
- Manages the e-commerce assortment as it pertains to each brand with regards to the product featured, retail pricing, images and other brand collateral.
- Close collaboration with Retail Operations and Visual Merchandising on store opening/renovation projects for each respective brand.
- Works closely with Retail Operations on management of brand incentives and ambassador programs for retail teams.
- Develops collaborative tools to monitor projects and gather deliverables to help update all stakeholders.
- Identifies trends within the jewellery and timepiece industry and observes the activities of competitors to identify opportunities in the market place.
Our ideal candidate has…
- University Degree in Merchandising/Marketing/Business or other post-secondary certification in related discipline.
- 4-5 years experience in a similar role or retail environment
- Project Management
- Must have great organizational, analytical and multitasking skills
- Must possess strong negotiating skills
- Must enjoy interacting with corporate associates, store personnel and outside vendors
- Must be a team player with strong client service attitude
- Professional and objective attitude
- Well rounded management, financial and retailing skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize brands that will have the greatest impact on sales and margin
- Exhibits necessary level of ownership for areas of responsibility to ensure that sales and margin results consistently meet or exceed plan
- Exhibits leadership in cross-functional activities
- Solid knowledge of MSOffice (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- Particularly Excel and other database management programs.
- D365 & ESSBASE an asset
- Innovative thinking
- Languages: English, French (spoken/written).
In return for your commitment to excellence, we offer…
- Competitive earnings
- Wellness program
- Award and recognition programs
- Innovative and unique training programs
At Birks, you will find a management team that truly cares about your professional growth. You will be empowered to be yourself, in order to offer excellent customer service and to create an experience that will build long-lasting client relationships.
Come join us at Birks, and let your true self shine!
Are you the gem we are looking for?