Established since 1879, Birks is a luxury jewellery store whose reputation is built on quality, exclusivity, unique design and excellence in service. We pride ourselves in offering meaningful experiences and in building intimate relationships with each and every one of our clients.
As a Junior Graphic Designer for our Birks Corporate Office, located in Downtown Montreal, you will get to embody our belief in the promise of a brighter tomorrow through each interaction. As such, you will get to work in a highly motivated team that values excellence, hard work and team worK.
Reporting to the Studio Manager, Graphic Design, the Junior Graphic Designer will assist in the development and creative vision of the Birks’ brand and ensure that it is aligned with our strategic objectives. The Junior Graphic Designer will be responsible for designing and executing branded material for all printed and digital ,arketing intiatives.
To do so, the Junior Graphic Designer will be expected to…
- Support the Marketing team in the design and execution of digital and printed material including advertising campaign, web/social media graphics, promotional brochures and invitations, in store POP and photo retouching
- Assist on various creative projects within the company
- Maintain and oversee brand guidelines documents and ensure brand standards are respected and applied to all graphic elements
- Interpret creative briefs into conceptual ideas
- Prepare files for pre-press and production
- Maintain computer records/files that are clearly titled, archived and accessible to the group.
- Coordinate and maintain photo bank
- Keep up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies
- Coordinate print job requests by the marketing team
Our ideal candidate has…
- Diploma in Computer Design, Graphic Design or Creative Arts
- A minimum of two (2) years in graphic design
- Experience in brand development and design (Marketing, an asset)
- Experience in traditional, digital design and integration
- Excellent understanding of printing requirements
- Proficient in latest Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Solid knowledge in computer: MS Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Strong creative, conceptualization and layout skills
- Strong attention to detail, flexibility and analytical skills
- Goal oriented, and a productive multi-tasker
- Able to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Meticulous and focused on details
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Bilingual: French and English (spoken and written)
- Strong team values
In return for your commitment to excellence, we offer…
- Competitive earnings
- Wellness program
- Award and recognition programs
- Innovative and unique training programs
At Birks, you will find a management team that truly cares about your professional growth. You will be empowered to be yourself, in order to offer excellent customer service and to create an experience that will build long-lasting client relationships.
Come join us at Birks, and let your true self shine!
Are you the gem we are looking for?