Established since 1879, Birks is a luxury jewellery store whose reputation is built on quality, exclusivity, unique design and excellence in service. We pride ourselves in offering meaningful experiences and in building intimate relationships with each and every one of our clients.
As a Coordinator, Retail Marketing & Events for the Birks Corporate office, located in Downtown Montreal you will get to embody our belief in the promise of a brighter tomorrow through each interaction. As such, you will get to work in a highly motivated team that values excellence, hard work and team work.
Reporting to the Director of Retail Marketing for Birks Group, the Retail Marketing and Events Coordinator will provide support to various marketing activities including media booking coordination, events, promotions, etc. that contribute to the successful execution of omnichannel strategies to achieve the Company’s goals and objectives.
To do so, the Retail Marketing and Events Coordinator will be expected to…
- Support Birks campaign launches and new store openings by helping oversee media bookings across Canada, the US and the UK, direct mail campaigns, development of key marketing materials, etc.
- Help manage retail marketing initiatives (working with mall marketing teams to promote the Birks brand and brand partners for key initiatives that drive traffic to stores).
- Help execute the Company’s multi-channel marketing strategies and plans by providing support to the Wholesale team and retailer brand partners.
- Manage the Birks credit marketing activities (coordination with bank partners & internal Birks Credit team, working with internal graphic artist on development of creative for in-store signage or statement artwork etc.)
- Coordinate marketing calendar and communicate to appropriate departments.
- Liaise with Visual Merchandising to ensure in-store activities as well as Wholesale Marketing strategies are supporting by appropriate VM tools (POP materials, signage, displays, etc.)
- Participate in the development of event concepts and plan in accordance to the marketing initiatives and calendar, including (but not limited to), store openings, new product introduction and retail partner events.
- Provide marketing collateral and visuals elements for the tradeshow booths to support Birks’ wholesale initiatives.
- Assist with on-site event/trade show execution and management.
- Negotiate and manage outside vendors and suppliers.
- Coordinate and communicate with other departments (such as Retail Operations, Product - Development, Loss Prevention, Legal, Merchandising, etc.) to ensure the smooth execution of events.
- Support large scale sponsorships for Birks such as the Toronto International Film Festival and the Governor General’s Performing Arts Awards.
- Actively communicates information to and with the retail stores.
- Manage events calendar and communicate to appropriate departments.
- Manage the event budget.
- Oversee billing reconciliation with Accounts Payables including invoice tracking, management and forecasting.
- Liaise between Accounts Payables and our brand partners for co-op billing and receivables.
Our ideal candidate has…
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience in retail and events management preferred
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and dynamic environment while communicating with other team members and departments;
- Highly organized and able to plan tasks according to their priority;
- Awareness of online and printed media channels;
- Excellent communication (writing and verbal) and presentation skills
- MS Office: intermediate level;
- Problem solving skills and ability to tackle obstacles head-on with agility and finesse
- Understanding of fashion and/or luxury retail environment is a plus;
- Bilingual: French and English (spoken/written).
In return for your commitment to excellence, we offer…
- Competitive earnings, including commissions and bonuses
- Social benefits
- Wellness program
- Award and recognition programs
- Innovative and unique training programs
- Employee discounts
At Birks, you will find a management team that truly cares about your professional growth. You will be empowered to be yourself, in order to offer excellent customer service and to create an experience that will build long-lasting client relationships.
Come join us at Birks, and let your true self shine!
Are you the gem we are looking for?