Established since 1879, Birks is a luxury jewellery store whose reputation is built on quality, exclusivity, unique design and excellence in service. We pride ourselves in offering meaningful experiences and in building intimate relationships with each and every one of our clients.
As a Planning & Procurement Analyst for the Birks Corporate office, located in Downtown Montreal you will get to embody our belief in the promise of a brighter tomorrow through each interaction. As such, you will get to work in a highly motivated team that values excellence, hard work and team work.
Under the general supervision of the Director, Planning & Procurement, Birks Brand, the Planning & Procurement Analyst will be a key player of the Birks Fine Jewelry team supporting and working collaboratively with the Brand Management team in achieving the financial performance goals as related to Sales, Gross Margin, Inventory Turnover, GMROI. Highly analytical & result-driven with a strong sense of initiative, you will be able to multi-task in an Omni channel environment. Responsible for establishing optimal in-stock positions by SKU and by point of sale, by using consistent and uniform methods of planning, analysis and allocation, i.e. planning and replenishment “best practices” as identified by the Vice President, Planning & Supply Chain.
To do so, the Planning & Procurement Analyst will be expected to handle 3 key elements…
- Forecast and monitor sales and inventory needs for all categories.
- Perform Product analysis including attributes and categories by point of sale.
- Drive and interpret on-going merchandise analysis using standard and custom reports, recommending improvements and modifications leading to decision and action.
- Collaborate with brand management on various projects such as assortments, Line reviews, ad-hoc analysis.
- Participate in Profit plan (Annual Merchandise plans)
- Manage Open to Buy, monitor and control important KPI’s: Turn, GMROI.
- Perform and manage planning projects.
- Participate in other tasks and special projects as may be required.
Procurement & Allocation
- Ensure optimal in-stock positions for all UPC and Points of sale.
- Provide in-stock maintenance for established programs (auto-replenish, reorder, Min/Max)
- Manage movement of merchandise Omni-channel including initial assortment, rebalance, event push & recalls
- Collaborate with the Retail, Wholesale and E-Commerce teams to provide insightful analysis and inventory replenishment
- Establish strong relationships with team and stores in order to better understand merchandising strategies and needs of the business.
Our ideal candidate has…
- Bachelor Degree in business administration, economics, statistics.
- 5 years in merchandise planning preferably for a retail company, some Wholesale experience is a plus.
- Innovative, detail-oriented, ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills to interpret research data and apply mathematic techniques in practical situations
- Results-driven, Flexible and enthusiastic
- Works well both in a team environment and independently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Computer literate – Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office specifically Excel
- Bilingual: French and English (spoken/written).
- Essbase & Microsoft Dynamics D365 or AX2012 Knowledge (Asset)
In return for your commitment to excellence, we offer…
- Competitive earnings, including commissions and bonuses
- Social benefits
- Wellness program
- Award and recognition programs
- Innovative and unique training programs
- Employee discounts
At Birks, you will find a management team that truly cares about your professional growth. You will be empowered to be yourself, in order to offer excellent customer service and to create an experience that will build long-lasting client relationships.
Come join us at Birks, and let your true self shine!
Are you the gem we are looking for?