Manager, Leadership and Learning Development
Birks. Pure Delight
Established since 1879, Birks is a luxury jewellery store whose reputation is built on quality, exclusivity, unique design and excellence in service. We pride ourselves in offering meaningful experiences and in building intimate relationships with each and every one of our clients.
Are you our hidden gem?
Under the general direction of the VP & Chief Talent Officer, the Manager, Leadership and Learning Development works in conjunction with the various divisions within the Company to facilitate the development of Management and Non-management employees align with new market trends and in support of the Company’s Strategic plan and Vision, Mission & Guiding Principles. The Leadership, Learning & Development Manager will be responsible for designing, developing and delivering training programs for Birks retail and corporate office employees.
To do so, the Manager, Leadership and Learning Development …
- Develops the annual training strategy for Retail and Head Office employees
- Creates, plans and monitors the annual training budget
- Determines effective methods and tactics to implement organizational changes
- Analyzes data, writes interpretive reports, reads and prepares project plans and proposals
- Researches best practices in change management, leadership and organizational development and provides recommendations.
- Assists in the development of associates for succession planning
- Conducts a training needs analysis for departments
- Develops training programs to fit the needs of the department / organization and various levels of experience and knowledge
- Facilitates training programs for Retail and Head Office
- Follows up on training with groups
- Assesses ROI on training
- Acts as the primary organizer for Management Conferences, Special events and Corporate presentations
- Ongoing measurement and evaluation of programs’ effectiveness and efficiency
- Administration of the Senior Executive team’s annual performance evaluation
Our ideal candidate has…
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar position and retail experience.
- Knowledge of luxury retail, jewelry industry is preferred
- Coaching, training and/or organizational development experience
- Bachelor or Master degree, with preference in Human Resources, Education, Adult Education or a Training certification from a recognized institution
Must possess a positive, solution-oriented and customer-focused attitude;
Self-starter with a proactive approach to resolving problems and issues;
Ability to train various of levels of employees within the organization – Senior Management to retail associates
- Solid knowledge of MSOffice (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and Learning Management System
- Working knowledge of e-learning authoring tools
- Ability to train via webinars
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports
- Team spirit
- Strategic and Innovative thinker
- Excellent Customer Service driven
- Bilingual : French and English (spoken/written)
Our promise of delight
In return for your commitment to excellence, we offer…
Competitive earnings, including commissions and bonuses
Award and recognition programs
Innovative and unique training programs
At Birks, you will find a management team that truly cares about your professional growth. You will be empowered to be yourself, in order to offer excellent customer service and to create an experience that will build long-lasting client relationships.
Come join us at Birks, and let your true self shine!
Are you the gem we are looking for?